|Objective 2.1: To strengthen the ability of FDC to be a grant maker for civil society.|
|Results: Provision of more and better quality resources for CSOs and communities|
|1. All community development programs implemented through grants
• Reduce the project implementation component and define and identify the various actors in the implementation chain.
• Mobilise and establish management systems for basket funds to promote local initiatives.
• Strengthen the grant-making mechanism in order to stimulate local initiatives and the service supply chain efficiently and effectively
• Where it does not exist or is weak create specialized capacity in areas of key importance for a successful response to communities, when FDC is not implementing directly (e.g. building the capacity of CSOs at community level, research and documentation of good practices etc.).
• Establishment of strategic implementation partnerships to complement the FDC chain of value in areas relevant to community development.
• Development of FDC intervention approaches and mechanisms that guide implementing and service provision partners in their community action.
|2. At least three CSO training manuals and modules on management, institutional programming and development programming produced and in use|
|Objective 2.2: To strengthen FDC's organizational capacity and develop the competence needed to implement the plan|
|Result: FDC’s human resources aligned with its Strategic Plan and with more efficient processes and systems.|
|1. Existence of systems that are working effectively;
• Development and implementation of a policy and plan for the development of central competence to implement the strategic plan. The necessary human competence for the strategic plan needs to be identified and created;
• Strengthen systems (approach, Monitoring and Evaluation, quality assurance, documentation, Department of Administration and Finance etc.) policies, practices, norms and procedures and mobilize human resources;
• Develop and promote the FDC’s institutional image;
• Development of capacity to register, document and disseminate good practices, and the creation of evidence for/on FDC interventions.
|2. Number of concept notes or policy briefs produced;|
|3. Number of manuals and other documents on good practices produced and disseminated;|
|4. An institutional image management policy designed and implemented.|